COVID-19 Visiting Info
To Our Valued Lake Erie Wine Country Guests,
From the bottom of our glass, we would like to thank you for navigating this time with our organization. We truly appreciate your patience and dedication to supporting local wines. As we move our way through this unplanned circumstance we wanted to reach out to guide you on what are the best ways to plan your next trip to LEWC. With over 20 of our wineries now being open for business we are happy to announce what you can anticipate as you visit us. Our tasting rooms are beginning to open outdoors and some indoors. Our phases along LEWC vary.
- Some of our wineries DO have outdoor seating where you can safely taste our wines. Please contact the winery in advance so that you are informed of their individual way of serving you.
- We are delighted to serve you again but we also need to be aware of the phases in different areas of LEWC, and guidelines, are different and things can change in a day.
Some Changes You May See
- Wineries might be open by appointment ONLY for tastings.
- Some may have restrictions for groups, buses and transportation partners.
- Masks will be required at most if not ALL wineries prior to sitting down at your tasting space.
Please contact the wineries in advance of your visit.
So what do I do before I come out to sip, savor, and see Lake Erie Wine Country?
- Double-check with the wineries websites and social media pages for up-to-date information. Our website is mobile-friendly — a few clicks and some reading will keep you informed.
- Be kind and understanding as we are all adjusting to this new way of conducting business. We are doing our best to follow CDC Guidelines to keep you and our staff safe.
We look forward to seeing you back tasting with us very soon!
Monica L. Mazur
Executive Director, LEWC
- Contactless sales
- Bottle sales and glass sales are available at over 20 wineries.
- If you come into our wineries to purchase flights or wine, please have your mask ready and on and realize that you are in two different states with different regulations.
- We are following the CDC and Department of Health guidelines. These are all subject to change depending on the state of the county.
- If you purchased a Taste of Wine County Package: With a year of many unknowns, the Board of Directors of Lake Erie Wine Country has made the decision to extend the expiration dates of all Taste of Wine Country packages that were purchased in the year 2020. All packages that were purchased within this year of 2020 NOW have an expiration date of March 31, 2021. We hope this gives everyone ample time to come to our tasting rooms to enjoy our award-winning wines and to once again sip, savor and see us.